Sunday, September 4, 2011

Seriously

Because everyone who knows me thinks Music leader! Yep that's my new calling. I lead the music in Relief Society now. CRAZY! I know no nothing about music other than I can power Jam in my car, rockin' out to Justin Timberlake or lip sync my way through heaven with Boyz 2 Men.

Needless to say, today was a disaster. I have no clue what I am doing up there and everyone is staring at you and all I could think was yep that is spit up on my left shoulder and yep that's yogurt my lovely baby smeared on my skirt and yep you are right I didn't re-paint my toes before church today. The list goes on.

But I will continue to go to church.This will not deter me from my activity on Sunday's. EEK

On another note. The first week of school went great. Morgan loves his teacher as do I and Eva is finally warming up to the idea that Morgan does indeed get to leave the house everyday and that he does have fun without her.

I have so far survived my early risings, but am so exhausted by one. Speaking of one, I get up so early now that when one rolls around I think time is or should be closer to five and that bed time is just around the corner. It's not I remind myself that I have 5 more hours with the kids until Jake is home from work, then dinner then scriptures then prayer then BED!

Hopefully I survive this week. We will now be adding Preschool and Ballet this week to the mix of early morning drama. Hopefully it goes off without a hitch. All I keep thinking about is how there is no school tomorrow. No three kids down three flights of stairs and in to the van and then two kids back up the stairs. But starting Tuesday the routine will look something like this.  

730 Leave the house with 3 kids and down 3 flights of stairs home in ten minutes with 2 kids and back up we go. in an hour leave with 2 kids down the stairs and come back in 5 minutes with one kid. Hang out for an hour and a half and leave with 1 kid to get another kid, hang out for 15 minutes and pick up the 3rd kid and home we go.

It's tiring just thinking about it. Morgan however has been doing fantastic and is still so excited about school. Thus far his only complaint is that the 2 hours and 45 minutes at school are just to darn long. But I did manage to explain that church is 15 minutes longer than that and you don't get to play on the play ground half way through. He's decided that school is way cooler!

2 comments:

Clark and Kristen Daniels said...

LOL...I was laughing so hard, music leader. I said the same thing when they called me to lead the music in Sac meeting! You'll make it though...no one really pays attention anyway, even if you think they do

Ligia said...

They called me to do it in the sacrament meeting when we were in South Carolina last year. I didn't know what I was doing either. I always thought everyone was watching and waiting for me to mess up, especially in the songs where the time changes in the middle. Oh well. This was really funny. lol.